Here is a list of smart foods to nourish your brain!
- Omega 3 found in fish (salmon) and flax seeds – or supplements – 2-3 grams a day in a capsule
- Coconut and coconut oil – 1 tablespoons a day – organic
- Caffeine found in chocolate; coffee; tea – not too much
- Berries – specifically blueberries – Northern Ontario wild are the best
- Ginseng and Ginger – once daily – wakes up your brain and increases energy
- One teaspoon of local honey (Boards) and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon which keeps your blood sugar stable
- Liquid vitamin D – 4,000 or more – international units per day. You can get this tested in your blood.
- B12 and B Complex – daily. I like the liquid NOW product – daily – also helps with depression.
- The brain is fueled on hemoglobin and sugar so keep it fueled with a healthy diet.